White colored liquid coming out of ear is it normal ?

I am having a white colored liquid coming out of my ear on the right side and was just wondering if it could be something serious. It has been happening since the past 4-5 days only and not before that. Can you tell me if that is normal or something serious to be worried about?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Feb 2010
You have a condition called Acute Suppurative Otitis Media, which is an inflammation of the middle ear. Its incidence rises during the winter months, alongside a seasonal rise in nonbacterial respiratory tract infections. The majority of cases of acute otitis media will resolve spontaneously without specific treatment but a significant number will not. The primary objective of treatment is the relief of symptoms. Pain and temperature should be controlled with Analgesic and Antipyretics. Antibiotic treatment may play an important role in reducing the risk of mastoiditis. Complications are 1) Perforation of the ear drum in not uncommon and progression to chronic suppurative otitis media may occur. 2) Labyrinthitis, meningitis, intracranial sepsis or facial nerve palsy are very rare. 3) Recurrent episodes may lead to scarring of the drum with permanent hearing impairment. 4) Due to high temperature there is a risk of febrile convulsions.