White coating on the back of the tongue, painful bumps. Nystatin prescribed for yeast infection. Suggestions?

Hi, My query is about an oral yeast infection which is like a white coating on the back of my tongue , also the tip of my tongue is quiet painful with small bumps. My GP has given me Nystatin tablets and Daktarin oral gel which I have been using for 2 weeks with only a slight improvement, but the condition appears to be very stubborn. I also have developed a slimy feeling in my mouth causing me to spit out saliva that is slimy. I would value your opinion. Thank you. Kind Regards Maxine Inglis
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013