White clumps in urine. Analysis showed bacteria. Treated with septra. Give opinion

I'm an RN. I have a strong medical background but am in need of help. About a year ago I started experiencing string white substance in urine which progressed into white clumps in urine and it's consistent. My last urine analysis showed few bacteria so I was treated with septra. There was no indication for a culture. I feel this is very abnormal. Now I'm scared. What are your thoughts. I would love to hear your knowledge
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013