White bump on eyelash line. Will it require surgery?

Hi, I have a small white bump on my left eyelash line. I went to an urgent care doctor and he said it should be looked at by an opthamologist, so I did see one 2 weeks ago. The opthamologist says it s a cyst and if it grows bigger to come back. I said I wanted it removed even though it s not doing anything to my vision . It doesn t hurt at all and it would be removed for cosmetic reasons. It just looks like a small zit on my eyelash line. So, I have a scheduled appointment for August 16th to have it removed but he didn t give me any details. Will it require surgery? Is this something I can even remove myself because I m just so sick of looking at it. Thank you for your time. Dave
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with two most possibilities to fit your condition .these include

1.first possibility is,MEIBOMIAN CYST;is a chronic granulomatous inflammation of the meibomian smooth and painless swelling

2.second possibility is STYE; infection of the hair follicle of the eyelid and usually painful
treatment option;
i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints
consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you          

General Surgeon Dr. Hari Charan Perigela's  Response
It looks like Sebaceous cyst arising due to collection around hair follicle.
IT has to be removed surgically by a surgeon.
Ophthalmologist opinion is not needed.
You should not remove yourself.
Incomplete removal may cause recurrence.
Wish you good health