While using Lactogen2 how many bowl moments is safe for a day?

my son has just completed 6th month and entered into 7th month on april24th I started Lactogen2,and he has more bowl movements(motions) 5 to 6 a day till 6th month i used Lactogen1 is it beacuse of Lactogen2 Please let me know is it beacuse of formula change and upto how many bowl moments is safe for a day please provide me ur valuable inputs
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012
he dear sujathanagandla, welcome to hcm.
7th to 8th month is the period wherein there should be a transition from the breast milk (which has a sourish and salty taste) to a similar food which is introduced only as an addition.
So, I kindly recommend You to introduce Lactogen2 only in the morning for the first week; followed by morning and afternoon in the second week and then in the third week only,should it be introduced fully. U can add soup prepared from RAGI, which is the best to be used in this period, and continue it. In the 7th month, introduce mashed Banana and in the 8th month, add mashed rice and dal and in the 9th-10th month, vegetables,rice,dal,etc and from the 11th-12th month onwards, u can introduce the usual food items prepared at home.
Please avoid lot of sweets and spicy foods.. it causes gastric irritation and creates a dislike for the food items.. Dont be in a hurry to feed everything once for all.
Happy parenting;-)