Which vitamins help in liver repair ?

What kind of vitamins should one take for liver repair and or liver health?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
dear Tori-Thompson, welcome to hcm.
please mention the place wher you've put up so that we can suggest u better and in a customised way.
first and foremost, cut down the amount of alcohol for a better liver.
Add more of naturally occuring foods in ur diet and avoid red meat.
Kindly avoid highly/ deep fried food stuffs.
Kindly follow the advice as suggested by Dr.Lavina Jayanth too.
thank You:-)

Dietitian & Nutritionist Neha Chandna's  Response
hello.. liver is an important organ which metabolizes everything.. you need to eat the right kind of foods like fruits, nuts, salads, whole grains, chicken, fish etc.. avoid alcohol, fried, sweets, junk and processed foods.. drink lot of water, coconut water, fruits juices, green tea..

The following diet methods are advised in those recuperating from liver disease.

1. Eat plenty of carbohydrates. The major part of the calorie requirement should come from carbohydrates.
2. Moderate amount of fats and oils.
3. Restrict the amount of protein to 1 gram per kg bodyweight. If the person weighs 60 kg, then the protein intake should not exceed 6 grams per day.
4. B-complex vitamin supplements. Take Becosules one daily for 6 months.
5. Reduce salt intake to less than 1500 mg per day.
6. Include vitamin C rich fruits and fruit juices in your diet.

Wishing you good health