Which treatment is suggested for keratokonus and corneal thinning in both the eyes ?

My son of age 17 yrs is suffering with Keraotokonus problem.To arrest the increase in the Keratokonus,Doctors suggested to to go for Contact lense.But he had been suffering from Vernialcator (reddishness in the eye) problem from the childhood, and the eye drops suggested by the Doctors are not comfortable to him.The itching problem is leading him to rub the eyes, which further leads to Keratokonus aggrevation.The eye sight is -10 cylinder in both the eyes.In the due course of time, Cornea has been thinned ( 400 microns) in both the eyes to such an extent that Corneal Collagen Crosslinking treatment may not be possible.He has to continue his studies, he is feeling difficult to write as it is causing him lot of uncomfort.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011