Which one will be the best to gain weight medicine or yoga?

sir i am very weak and lean please tell me medicine and yoga?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
there are also a few yoga postures which help one to put on weight as well. Yoga can help with weight gain treatment as the poses help to build up stamina and increase the appetite in the person performing it. An increased appetite makes a person hungrier and this he/she tends to eat will, which leads to weight gain. Yoga helps a person to gain weight proportionately and there is no abnormal weight gain either. One such yoga pose which helps a person gain weight is Shavasana (Dead Body Pose) as this pose involves lying on the ground and easy breathing. This posture helps to rejuvenate the body as well.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ashutosh Thigale's  Response
Certainly Sanjay,ayurvedic medicines are the best in such types of symptoms.
1)take maximum nidra (sleep) and after that take a glass of milk+ghee+keshar.
2)Mental relaxation is very much important;don't bother about any thing.
3)The non veg soup prepared in ghee is essential.
4)Application of warm bala tailam/shkir bala tailam/mashadi tailam/musalyadi tailam at night is necessary.
5)Take maximum sweet food with ginger+pudina chutani also jeevaniya gana diet important.
6)Tapyadi loha/amrutprasha ghritam/sheelajatu vatakam/chavanprash/brahm rasayana/kalyanaka ghritam/mahakalyanaka ghritam/kutipraveshik rasayana/vrushya yoga/shatavari kalpa are some of the medicines that we vaidyas use in our practice.
At least no physical exercise including yoga is required at this stage for permanent cure.Have a healthy and strong life ahead.Be in touch of expert vaidya.
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

Please mention your age , sex, and any symptoms you have. What kind of weakness you feel? Is it realted to your stamina, sexual weakness, mental lethargy?

Yog is helpful or overall fitness,but you need to do it under guidance of any expert. Yog and pranayaam are not like skipping or playing badmintion , that you can do by urself . They hav to be done in a proper way.

Diet plays a big role in keeping body and mind fit. Healthy , balanced diet, taken on right time. Sound sleep for 6-8 hrs each day. Keeping stress away and having a positive attitude towards life is also important.

For further enquires-
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Sanjay Singh's  Response
ayurvedic medicine with dietary food suplyments helps u to make ur weight gain. whereas yoga will give u mental peace , excercise as well as more flow of bio etheric in ur pranas and in chakras that will helps u to live peaceful & health life later on . choice is ur. choose & lead as u can.
always delight.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear sanjay
please write about your age height and weight. Your digestion status. activities and any complaint and medicines alreadytaken by you. habits and exercise status
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1.if you are finding it hard or difficult to gain weight then first thing you should do is to take your breakfast regularly.
2.make it a habit to relax after every meal
3.don't eat too much of fibre rich diet as it may give a sense of fullness irrespective of your appetite
4.ashwagandha,shatavri,yashtimadhu preparations are available in the can choose: ashwagandha leham,shatavari churan
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Use plenty of green leafy vegetables
have Dry fruits, milk, milk products, rice potatoes etc
if u eat non veg have eggs, meat
Homeopath Dr. Gaurav Kackar's  Response
Hi, welcome to health care magic forum,
eat healthy food, exercise daily yes yoga is helpful for you,
you can also go to gym but u need to eat a proper diet which includes juices and fruits too.
Drink milk twice a day.
if you eat non veg you should start taking eggs, chicken, fish.
drink lot of water.
avoid being constipated.
and stay away from stress, and be happy..