Which medicines should I take to regulate periods and reduce cramps ?

Menstrual Cycle I get my period every other 3 month for 3-4 days. When I get my period it is light at first. but gets very heavy and dark within a matter of hours. Cramps are 2 hours before bleeding and not midol, pamprin or any pain killers takes away the cramps. Pain killers also make my period heavier. I do run a mile every morning and ride horses everyday. what could I take for the cramps and what could I do to regulate my period?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Feb 2012