Which medicines should I take for pericoronitis ?

i m pretty sure i have pericoronitis, what antibiotics do i need to make this go away, or what are my next steps to recovery
Asked On : Wed, 22 Feb 2012
Dentist, Endodontics 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
as you are aware that pericoronitis is inflammation of soft tissue that covers your erupting tooth, you should perform warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. this will relief pain as well as resolve inflammation. you should visit your dentist, he might place a medicated pack over the soft tissue, it usually takes a week to completely resolve, but depends from case to case.
your dentist will prescribe you antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicine according to your condition, kindly keep doing rinses and keep that area clean off food debris.
i wish you good health.
Dentist Dr. Bhavya Preetam Chipre's  Response