Which is the best and safest method of birth control?

good morning Doctor. doctor me and my wife staying in saudi arabia. am working here and i have one kid. now his age is around 2 years.upto now my wife using capsule for birthcontrol . now i plan to go vacation for 10 days to kerala. doctor my planning is for 3 years we dont need another baby. now am afraid to take too much capsules. doctor can u suggest some other methids. i check in internet i found some methods, copeer t , sponge and rings etc... but my wife check with her friend regarding the copper t, they told its very painful and to much irtations. please give us good advice.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response

There are so many safe methods but hormonal Intra Uterine Device IUD (mirena ) are 99.9 % safe and have so many advantages:
- They can be used for 5 years ,
- reduce periods cramps
- make period lighter,
- the ability to became pregnant returns quickly
The have only one disadvantages large initial cost.

Depo-provera is another method very safety (99,7%) and very convenient, because it is cheaper (than Hormonal IUD) and one injection prevents pregnancy for 11-13 weeks.

She can use and copper IUD because is safe around(97%) and is very effective for at least 10 years and the best advantage is cheap.

Thanks for your query
Dr. Vjollce