Which fruit is good for heart burn ?

any fruit good for heart burn
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Hi, Nana Yeboah,
Thanks for query,
for heart burn you can take
Water melon,
coco nut water.
ok and bye.
  Anonymous's Response
Heart burn is a symptom of acidity in your stomach leading to reflux of acid/gas into your foodpipe. The reasons for the acidity could be smoking, alcohol, spicy food, etc. Lack of exercise and being overweight also could lead to heartburn. The underlying cause should be remedied for permanent cure. All bland food including fruits could be taken. Go to bed at least after 2 hours of having had dinner. Adding an extra pillow might help. Medicines can be prescribed by your doctor which could provide you dramatic relief.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Fruits which are bland and less acidic are helpful for heartburn. Try eating bananas, mangoes, chikoos, dates. I would recommend you elevate your head end of your bed by 15cm after you eat your meal for about an hour before you lie down and also avoid coffee, smoking and spicy food.