Which ayurvedic medicine can be taken for eye twitching?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... ayurvedic treatment for eye twetching??
Asked On : Sat, 18 Feb 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. you haven't mentioned about the cause of your eye twitching (Blepharospasm/myokymia) neither told about whether you were checked by any health care provider or not?
2. etiology can extend from stress,fatigue (lack of sleep),eye strain,excess use of alcohol/caffeine to nutritional imbalance (dry eyes) or allergies. (which one is yours)
3. are they continuous and persistent (even while sleeping)?, and do you have any symptoms of pain,redness or discharge? does twitching affects your vision?
4. apply warm compresses to the affected eye(s) and gently massage with your fingers.
5. improve the quality and duration of sleep, avoid stress (if any), use of lubricant eye drops (if dry eye),wearing sunglasses/spectacles to reduce eye strain, Ayurveda Panchkarma Procedure (Shirodhara and Netra Tarpan) will suit your pathology.
6. consult with your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Nikul Patel's  Response
Dr. Nidhi
Welcome to
For that please start these treatment
1. Maha rasnadi ghan 2 tabs twice a day
2. Bruhat vaat chintamani ras 1 tab twice a day with honey
3. erand tail massage on eyelids is advisable and also
4. Nasya and shirodhara treatment will you helpful to you.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Online Ayurveda Consultant
Ahmedabad, India