1. Oral Sub mucous fibrosis
develops due to chewing of Betel nut (supari), and its variants (zarda,gutka,pan masala) and is an progressive IRREVERSIBLE disorder.
2. difficulty in opening the mouth looks similar to Scleroderma
, but this condition is confined to mouth only, whereas scleroderma is a Systemic Disease.
3. You haven't told about the duration of symptoms??
4. any Difficulty in swallowing or hearing?? (because its progressive, at later stages will cause blockage of esophagus/eustachian tube)
5. you haven't told about the pattern of your tobacco intake, like did you chewed the 'quid' or 'spit' it out, because in both cases,different structures will be involved.
i. lips and front of the mouth if spitted
ii. soft palate
,throaat,esophagus if chewed.
6. Avoid use of Gutkha in any form, but make sure once fibrosis occurs inside body,regression is not possible.
7. Make sure you have regular appointment with your health care provider regarding possibility of development of 'oral cancer'.
8. Mouth opening can be used to measure the disease progression and effect of treatment.
9. Mouth opening exercises along with nutritious diet is advocated along with hyaluronidase
mixed with Cortisone
10. Varunadi Kashayam alongwith Haridra, Ashwagandha
act as Immunomodulators as well as anti-cancerous and have got good results in Oral sub mucous fibrosis.