Which alternative fruit juice instead of cranberry can be taken for curing UTI ?

My friend has UTI . My urologist advised her to take lots of cranberry juice(sugarless). In India it is very very hard to get cranberry. The dried cranberry i got is also sweetened. Is there any alternative fruit that can work same as cranberry for the UTI (K.P.)? Is there is any food suppliment pill available in indian market for cranberry? Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Feb 2012

It is very difficult to get cranberry juice in India without sugar,the ones available are Dabur and Real juice for cranberry(but these contain sugar).You can try other fruits like which are rich in Vitamin C like orange and lemon. You should drink lots of water to help flush out bacteria and other toxins from body, avoid unhygienic conditions like public toilets, keep your genitals clean.Avoid tea, coffee and other drinks with caffeine. Also avoid spicy food as well as processed food like cheese, chocolate, and dairy products.Use garlic, clove, basil, turmeric in your daily meals, these have antibacterial properties.You do get capsules of cranberry.

Hope I have answered your query.