Whether IBS is curable or not ?

I am suffering from IBS last 3 years.Plz tell me whether it is curable or not???
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jun 2010
Hello suman;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
-The goal of treatment is to relieve symptoms;control anxiety; regular exercise and improved sleep habits may reduce anxiety and help relieve bowel symptoms.
-Dietary changes can be helpful. However, no specific diet can be recommended for IBS, because the condition differs from one person to another.
-Avoid foods and drinks that stimulate the intestines (such as caffeine, tea, or colas) and avoid large meals
-Increase fiber in the diet
-medicines like dicyclomine;buscopan taken about a half-hour before eating to control intestine muscle
-Low dose antidepressants to help relieve intestinal pain.