Whenever i pee i get cramps down there. What could be the reason for this?

please tell me what this is. when ever i pee i get cramps down there but then when i stop it totally goes away. i don t know what this means. it started yesterday. creeps go away! i am not pregnant!!! i am a virgin. yes, i have gotten my period before. light ones. i really don t think this is an infection. it definitely doesn t burn.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

It is possible you are having bladder spasms, a sudden contraction of the muscles of your bladder.  I have suffered from this before, having no burning sensation, simply severe cramping.  I the pain continues, or if it migrates to the right side of your abdomen and you become nauseated, this could be a sign of another condition, such as appendicitis.  Just see your doctor if it doesn't go away.  Here's what I found on WebMD.

What Causes Bladder Spasms?

There are a number of different causes of bladder spasms. The cramping pain could be due to something as simple as your diet or a medication that you are taking, or it could be associated with changes in blood supply and function of the nerves controlling the bladder.

However, bladder spasms may be the result of an infection or a recent surgery, or they may occur if you have nerve or muscle damage. So it's important to see a doctor to determine the cause.

In some cases, your doctor may not be able to identify the cause. When this happens, the condition is called idiopathic bladder spasms.

Some common causes of bladder spasms are:

• Urinary tract infection (UTI): Bladder pain and burning are a common symptom of a UTI.
  • Interstitial cystitis (IC), also called painful bladder syndrome: This condition refers to bladder and urinary pain that is not due to other causes, such as a urinary tract infection. Pain is recurring and often severe.
  • Catheter use: A catheter is a thin tube used to drain urine from the body, often after surgery. It is placed into the urethra and up into your bladder. Bladder spasms are a common and sometimes distressing complication of catheter usage.
Does it burn, or could you possibly be pregnant? During pregnancy, your uterus becomes more sensitive to cramping.