Whenever I lay flat on my back blood rushes to my head. Is that normal ?

Hey i am really worried, and hope someone can help me out. I am a 17 year old male and whenever I lay flat on my back blood rushes to my head and when i sit back up i can feel in rush back down. is that normal ?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

it is quite normal and as long as you have no other symptoms associated with it such as blurred vision or getting dizzy u need not worry.but do get your blood pressure checked just to be sure .it is pretty common couple of my friends had a similar worry and this is what their doctor had to mention too.