When to take Gemer P2 medicine ?

When to take Gemer P2 for diabetics ? I have pains in Knees while bending? What is the prevention ? Kindly answer.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
This drug can be taken just before or along with food to reduce blood sugar. Follow the right diet for diabetes and prevention of complications. The pain in the knees could be due to Osteoarthritis which needs weight reduction to help you benefit most. You can use a walking stick to help you do walking everyday to help lose weight. You can consult an Orthopaedician to examine you for the proper diagnosis and management. You can take Paracetamol for pain relief under medical supervision. Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables. Have good amount of fruits. Drink enough water. Avoid junk food, fatty, sweet and high carb food like much rich, whole milk, syrups etc. Review with your Doctor and maintain follow up.
General Surgeon Dr. Faraz Ahmed's  Response
thanks for query
You will be required to wear an immobilizer on your knee while you walk and sleep. Without the immobilizer it would be very painful each time you move your knee. If the pain is too much to bear, your doctor may prescribe some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to help manage your level of discomfort.