When should one take pregnancy test after implantation bleeding ?

Hi Dr if implantation bleed happen 5 days befor period when can I do preg test as still got negative day after period was due to come and been told it could take up to a wk to show up positive
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011
hi,thanks for query.Normally the test kit available today are quite sensitive and you can go for test after about 1-2 days of missed period.At times when conception is late it is advisable to test after 5-7 days.
wishing you good health.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response

Usually urine pregnancy test should be done one wk.after missed period.however blood (serrum) pregnancy test is more accurate& can be done 7 to 10 days after probable date of conception.(i.e. even before expected period.)