When is the right time to have sex after period?

when is the right time to have sex after my period and b4 the period
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Hello, welcome to HCM. You need to specify what do you mean by right time. You must avoid having sex when flow is there as it increses the chances of transmission of UTI and STD's. And in case you are looking to avoid getting pregnant than its safest to do 7 days before and 7 days after start of periods. Wish you good health.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
What do you mean by the right time? Are you asking about the safe period or are you eager to conceive. Ovulation occurs 14 days before your next expected period date. To conceive, it is best to have sex daily fro day 9 to day 19 of your periods.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal