When is the best time to check body temperature to determine if one is pregnant ?

hi Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani, General & Family Physician i am a police officer and i work different shifts. I’m on the 12midnight to 8am shift now and i started using clomid cd1-5 and i will like to know when can i check my temps seeing that i get off at 8am. thank you i have pcos and i was told using opk might sometimes give a positive so i was told to take my temps instead of always using opk. seeing that i get off at 8am when should i take my temps or do I have to sleep a certain amount of hours before taking my temps
Asked On : Thu, 1 Sep 2011
hello ronella,
if you are refering to the temperature you can take it in the early morning. sleep do not alter the temperature. you an check after eight but early morning temp is better.
however i would advise you to consult your doctor regarding the day and dose of clomid you need to take.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care