When is it safe to have periods so that I will not conceive ?

hi doctor ,am married and have 2 kids. the problem is that i had sex with my husband, and am scared whether i will conceived. i dont have any plan to have baby for 5 years. we didn t use any protection. dr i would like to know whether i will be conceived or not. pls tell me when we have to be careful after the period. i think we had sex just after 2 weeks of last day of period. pls help me out. i had my period on 2nd of june, finished on 12th. had sex on 24th of june. so am waiting for ur reply. tnx.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Hi Tharshi,

Welcome to HCM.
You had contact on 23rd day of your period, which is safe period, provided your periods are regular. If the periods are not regular, there is a possibility of becoming pregnant.
If you still feel you could get pregnant take 2 tablets of ECEE2, immediately and 2 Tablets after 12 hours. If vomiting occurs within 3 hours of taking the tablets, then again you have to take two tablets, as the previously taken tablets will have been lost in the vomiting.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
it seems that you have manorrhagia,as it lasted for ten days.
so it is difficult to say about ovulation.
you had sex during proper time but we do not know the ovulation time.
if by this time you did not get the period there is chance of pregnancy
go for pregnancy test
if you get period then consult your gynaec for the treatment of manorrhagia.
ok & bye
thankyou for the answers, still i want to know what are the days we have to be careful to avoid pregnancy, if i get pregnancy on 2nd, when we have to be careful. pls tell me the days whether within 2 weeks we should not have sex or after 2 weeks? i am not clear about this. tnx.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Tharshi,
Safe period is 1 Week after period and 1 week just before next period, in persons with regular periods.