When food get stuck on right side of throat, ear pains.Had tonsils removed, sinus surgery. Why is it ?

Hi....I have had throat issues for a year or so....the circumvallete papillae I have been told by my dentist is enlarged on my right side. Food will get stuck in my throat on that side at times. When that happens my ear will ache for a time after that. I also have a dull irritation in my throat area midway down on same side under jaw line. This started last winter and in the summer it got a bit better and now this winter it is back again. I went to ENT last March and he said things looked normal and he thought it may be allergies. We have a wood stove and it is very dry in my house. I run a humidifier for whole house but doesn t really seem to make a big difference. I am really concerned about this and would appreciate if you have any info on what could be causing this. He said I should see and ENT or oral surgeon to have them biopsy them. In 2007 I had my tonsils out and sinus surgery at 51 years old.....had an awful time. Had to have second emergency surgery as my throat came apart in there and I was bleeding awful. Not sure if that has anything to do with this. I thought perhaps my tonsil was growing back on that side or I had scare tissue or something.....thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013