When can a pregnancy be tested with my delayed periods problem ?

I had unprotected sex on 26 Dec. My periods could be anytime at that time as i was also cramping.The periods delayed. This was my first sex and I got my periods started on 7th. Can I still be pregnant? If I am not pregnant then why my periods got late? and also on the first half day of my period the blood was dark brown may be because of delay periods (old blood) and from the second day is red as normally it is. I am confused. Should I need to take a HPT or hcg beta test? If yes than by which date it will be accurate?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Thanks for query,
As you got period there is no chance of having pregnancy,
Due to stress period might have delayed.
ok and bye.