Wheezing sound while breathing deeply. No asthma. Had smoking addiction

i have a feeling that im breathing in cold air constantly and i get random raspy wheezing noises when i take a hard deep breath in that comes maybe once or twice a week and only lasts about 10/15 minutes then goes away with a strong cough or clearing my throat i have seen my gp and he said my lungs are clear so its not asthma because i had asthma as a child so thought it would be that im pretty worried about it im 27 iv been a smoker since i was 18 but stopped 2 weeks ago
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013