What would you do if a doctor missed a heart disease diagnosis ?

What would you do if a doctor missed a heart disease diagnosis and it killed your Mom? My mom passed away December 1, 2008, from undiagnosed heart disease. The doctor she went to saw her every 3 weeks, because she had persistant sinus infections and upper respitory infections and did an ekg less than 2 weeks before she died. He also missed the diagnosis of hep c in my father that would have prevented it from progressing to hepatoma , which is a liver cancer . I want his license revoked. I don t want money, I just want to save another family from losing their loved ones to a doctor who just wants to make money, not save lives. How on earth can I let it go? Because of this hack, I m going to be an orphan before I turn 27. I will have neither of my parents at my wedding, I will not be able to give my potential children grandparents, and I want to save someone, anyone, from this horrible pain. I understand that somethings can be overlooked, but when your talking two patients, two diseases, one family, and their both undiagnosed? Thats not overlooking something or making a mistage, thats negligence. Screw the money, I want him to be stopped. No one should have to do this. My mom went to this doctor for 40 years, and the autopsy showed she had a valve abnormality that should have been detected during the ekg or the ultrasound they did on her heart when she had severe shoulder pain with no joint or muscle problem, thinking she was having a heart attack. She didn t change doctors after the doc misdiagnosed my dad because she was busy trying to find someone to help him. Also, their insurance made it very difficult to change doctors and that would have taken time away from her helping my dad.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009