What would make the heart and veins/arteries in the neck and chest fluttering ?

I m concerned. What would make the heart and veins/arteries in the neck and chest feel like they are fluttering. When I take my paulse It feels as though the heart is giving a THUMP feeling ever so often.. like ever 4 beats. It will beat for 4 and then make a thumping feel. It feels that way both in my neck veign and my heart. I have been all over the internet to find out what it could be and so far i have found NOTHING. So please answere if you can.. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009