What would be the cause of debilitating pain in legs with hardening of the arteries ?

debilitating pains on the backs of both my legs from the knees down Hi, I have experiences debilitating pains on the backs of both my legs from the knees down. I have had physio, A leg scan and back scan and also tested for hardening of the arteries . All have come back negative. Yet when I walk for 30 minutes or more I am forced to stop and sit down and rest.( I am a keen walker) I do take 400mg of Brufin and this definately helps. Any ideas on possible causes.This issue has persisted for last 18 months but now seems to be getting worse
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011