High dose of Paracetamol , taken for a long time is hepatotoxic, So if suspecting PCM overdose do a Liver Function Test, & Prothrombin time, Henceforth give PARASAFE in stead of plain PCM for the same purpose that is comparatively safe
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
1 Doctor agrees with this answer
You found this answer helpful
hi..welcome to Health care magic.
well,Calpol contains and active ingredient of paracetamol.,it contains phenylalanine and should not be given to children under 6years.overdose of this medicine causes skin rashes,damage to the liver and kidney,also found to cause skin rash.
ok.calpol contains an active composition of paracetamol.since it is a generic medicine overdose may injurious to liver and you are strictly instructed that calpol tablets is given to those who are above 6 years old