What will happen if a 5yr old takes to much calpol ?

5yr old take to much calpol
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
High dose of Paracetamol , taken for a long time is hepatotoxic, So if suspecting PCM overdose do a Liver Function Test, & Prothrombin time, Henceforth give PARASAFE in stead of plain PCM for the same purpose that is comparatively safe

hi..welcome to Health care magic.
well,Calpol contains and active ingredient of paracetamol.,it contains phenylalanine and should not be given to children under 6years.overdose of this medicine causes skin rashes,damage to the liver and kidney,also found to cause skin rash.
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
hi welcome to Health Care Magic,
how much of calpol? there is a toxic range for that. if taken now, needs to seek a doctor as soon as possible, will need to wash out but again depends on how much.
Dentist Dr. Senthilkumar's  Response
hai welcome to health care magic.

ok.calpol contains an active composition of paracetamol.since it is a generic medicine overdose may injurious to liver and you are strictly instructed that calpol tablets is given to those who are above 6 years old

General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
Except some liver injury, there should not be much problem. Get his liver function tests done . Make him drink adequate water. Liv 52 syrup will be helpful to prevent liver damage.