What will happen if I get my lacrimal gland removed ?

what happens if i get my lacrimal gland removed
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Real crazy idea, unless you had a tumor of Lacrimal gland or so. If done, this should produce a dry eye, as the tears produced by accessory lacrimal glands, Meibomian glands, goblet cells etc may not be sufficient. The eye surface will loose its capability to defend itself against the harsh environment. Infections will occur more often. Also, tears form the finest lens coating on cornea, and vision would be disturbing if tears dry up. Dr.M.S.Raivndra, Karthik Netralaya, Bangalore.
after removing lachrymal gland a very major problem is that the formation of tear film will disappear.
tear film helps our eye from dryness,dust,foreign particles.
their fore it is very important to have lachrymal gland in our eye.
due to absence of it eyes have to give outer lubricants.