What will be the reason for blacking out for less than a second ?

I notice lately like today that I would have a blackout for less than a second its as if I had blinked and kept my eyes closed but I didn t blink or that the lights went on and off very quick. When it first happen I was able to see before I could even panic all I could think was what was that? So I just ignored that. Then it happened again today and it seemed to be abit longer for I got scared because this time It was clear that everything did go black too this time I felt a weird tingly sensation in my head all at the same time it was very quick. So I felt scared and at both time I was just sitting down working on the computer it came out of nowhere. I think if it had lasted longer, I would have been on the floor; could I be passing out but regaining consciousness within seconds. What could this be or what could cause such a quick episode of darkness?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011