What vitamin tonic can i give to my 1.5 years old baby ?

how can i fit my baby of 1.6 year, he is weak now please give me solution with refrence of any good tonic for him which has no sideffects?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
welcome to Health Care Magic,
you need to tell me your baby s weight. what makes you say he is weak. unwanted tonics can only make you spend money, you need to improve his diet in the form of give calorie rich food which you make at home. fruits, vegetables, egg etc. keep a track of his growth & weight.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Mandeep thanks for query.Every mother always think that her child is weak and not growing.Medicines can only help when there is some particular deficiency like iron defi for example.Give him good food rich in protein,fats etc.Our tradional home cooked food with some minor modification is the best that you can give him.Give him vegetable soups,fruit juices etc, one by one,without too much of experimentation.He will definately will be fine.
wishing him good health.
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello Mandeep
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Your babys health is suggested not only by weight but by many other factors such as activity, immunity, milestones etc.
Tonics are medications and only prescribed if after examining ther baby your doctor feels he is having any deficiency of iron or calcium etc
To keep your baby fit try to giv him a nutritious diet rich in vegetables, sprouted pulses and fruits.Include dairy products like milk yoghurt eggs.
Try to make him sleep adequately atleast 10 to 12 hrs a day .your baby wil grow up fine then.