What treatment should one take to get rid of dark circles ?

My skin colour is dark and also have dark circles my age is 18 i need glow and fairness in my face
Asked On : Tue, 6 Mar 2012
Dear Prince,
Thanks for choosing HCM
the causes of dark circles are different from other pigmentations on face. the common causes are stress, lake of sleep, excessive sunexposure, uses of glasses etc.
so to overcome from this problem, you have follow some common intructions along with medications
1. sleep cycle shd be proper
2. change life style - exercise, stressfree life
3. Kojic acid application at night
4. morning sunscreen
hope this will help u

Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response

Thanks for choosing HCM..,

Dark coloured skin with Dark circles...,

due to......Sun exposure, chemicals, medicines..,

So evalute it and give treatment accordingly...,

In meanwhile...,

1) SUNSCREEN LOTION....Suncare, Suncote and Shade...,before going out..,

2) Kojic cream and Vit C..cream 2 times daily..ok..,good luck
Psychiatrist Dr. Aravinda Jawali's  Response
The variations in your particular skin color – tan, brown, black – will depend ... also affect the color of your skin: the deeper the granules, the more your skin will take on a bluish cast. .... That is my guess. If you have ever seen pictures of Anne Frank, you may have noted the extremely dark circles under her pretty, brown eyes