What treatment should one take for reducing the breast size ?

hi i am rizwan from pk 28 old my breast big help me
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
hello dear
braest enlargement in males is called gyaenacomatia. you need to under go FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytoloy) to confirm it. you need to consult plastic surgeon who will decide the cause and treatment aptions available for it. in my view reduction mammoplasty (a surgery where in breast size is reduced) or liposuction ( fatty tissue from the breast is aspirated to reduce the size of breast) will be ideal. kindly do not worry because its avery common disorder.
take care
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Thanks for choosing or enlargement of male breast.It occurs due to hormonal imbalance,drugs like diuretics ,pituitary tumours.treatment is done after finding the cause.Drugs can be given for some time.definitive treatment is surgery-either liposuction, gland excision, skin sculpture, reduction mammoplasty, or a combination of these surgical techniques.Please consult a good surgeon for further evaluation.take care.