What treatment should i take for ankle joint pain at calcaneus bone ?

Hello Doctor , My father is recently suffering from ankle joint pain at the calcaneum bone region for past 6 months.He already had a fracture at that place 10 years ago.On consultation along with the X-ray report of that portion Dr suggested no bone defect.His uric acid level is normal too.His pain is such severe that he even couldn t walk .Now after some medication he is able to walk with a stick but complete cure has not occurred. Can you suggest whether it can be a case of neurology?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011