What treatment should be taken to cure herpes ?

I have been told that erruptions on left of my lower lip is harpes . Please help me cure it and also educate me as to how it happened. THANKS
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Dentist, Orthodontics 's  Response
herpes simplex is a contagious but not very serious infection. major part of population has it. once it infects a person the virus keeps lying in the body and the moment the person gets immuno compromised due to physical stress it appears on upper or lower lip. its in form of cluster of small eruptions which finally break open and form localized blisters. there is no permanent cure for herpes . you can control its symptoms once you has an episode.

take tab VALCIVIR 500 TWICE DAILY for 5 days and valcivir 500 once daily for one week.

Vaniqa 13.9% 10g cream apply on the open lesion.

take care.

Homeopath Dr. Ritu's  Response

Herpes is a viral infection. It causes recurrent outbreaks if your immunity is low. You may take this Homeopathic remedy to boost up your immunity and get freedom from outbreaks. Hypericum 30, four times a day

Dr. Ritu Sandhu
Homeopathic medical consultant and physician
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
herpes is a viral infection and it causes lot of discomfort. Application of calamina lotion gives soothing effect internally haridra khand and allerin offer good cure.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Herpes labialis is a viral infection of the nerve supplying your lips. It has spread most probably by kissing or contact with the saliva of someone who has Herpes labialis. The diseases is recurrent, appears whenever the body is in stress, like fever, emotional or physical stress, pregnancy. You need to be on a course of Acyclovir as your Doctor advises otherwise the infection will be there forever. Kindly speak to your Doctor about the treatment, it's pros and cons and get required advise as well.