What treatment should be taken for tongue cancer ?

My father has got tongue cancer in right lateral tongue. So pl help me.
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Oral cancer especially on posterior, lateral (side), ventral (floor of the mouth) surfaces of the tongue are particularly considered more dangerous as compared to rest of the oral cavity, as they have more tendency for loco-regional spread and tendency for metastasis (spread to other distant organs). definitive treatment is always surgical approach, which sometimes is supplemented with either radiotherapy or chemeotherapy. there is NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE other than those mentioned. ALSO an EARLIER DIAGNOSIS and EARLIER SURGCAL TREATMENT will definitely render more advantages. so don't delay and rush to a good cancer hospital....... ALSO ENCOURAGE YOUR FATHER TO QUIT ANY HABITS AND RESTORE TO GOOD NUTRITIOUS FOOD AND ORAL HYGEINE
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
need to take treatment depend on stage of disease and its spread.
it may include
-surgical excision of the part
better to consult oncosurgeon .
tell hiim to give up any habit if he has.