What treatment should be taken for prolactin in pregnancy ?

I have prolactin level 24 ng/ml should I have to get treatment for pergnance?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011

Hyper prolactamia can result in infertility . you do not have it so, i don't thinnk you need treament for this perticular cause.(30 to 600 ng/ml is normal range in fertile age.)

Radiologist Dr. Pranav's  Response
Prolactin is a hormone that stimulates the mammary glands to produce milk. Its serum concentrations of prolactin during pregnancy cause enlargement of the mammary glands of the breasts and prepare for the production of milk.Generally the upper threshold of normal prolactin at 25 µg/L for women, and 20 µg/L for men. These levels also vary with the stage of the menstural cycle.

Your level is near the upper limit of the normal range & its not the cause of any concern.