What treatment should be taken for increase in alanine and is it totally curable ?

Hello Doctor , my baby nw is 4 months old but since hes first month,,he had seizures ,he was confined in the hospital..then from there till now he had series of test..on his urine metalic screening,,his alanine has slightly increased..and hes lactate is above the normal as well...till now doctors doesnt have any idea yet..whats his sickness and im literally dead worried about this treatable??dr. told me if the alanine will not be treated he might be retarted..i dont want that to happen..i wanted to know if this can be corrected...i love my son so much! i dont know why this happens to him and where it started..please explain..thankyou
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011