What treatment should be taken for headache with ear bleeding ?

i have a headache and then my left ear bled what does it mean....
Asked On : Sun, 24 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum,
Common to both of these, did you have an attack of cold in the recent days? Was there any earache before the onset of bleeding from the ear?

Dr. Naveen Kumar
ENT Specialist Dr. D. Panigrahi's  Response
this is most probably an acute infection of the ear,which is called ASOM.This usually follows a cold attack.Due to accumulation of fluid behind the eardrum pt. usually get pain in the ear and headache.After some time ( few hours or days) the ear drum gets ruptured and the discharge starts coming from the ear.once the discharge starts coming , the pain and headache dramatically subsides as there will be no pressure on the ear drum now.

put a nasal drop and take antibiotics .do not allow water to enter into your ear for few days,otherwise you may get a more serious problem called CSOM.