What treatment should be taken for IPF after 60 ?

my uncle is suffering from IPF from last 2 months ....his age is 62 this time...can u plz suggest treatment for this my uncle is this time 62 yrs ...he is suffering from IPF...can u plz suggest wat z the treatment for this
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If you mean Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, firstly he needs to quit smoking if he is a smoker, avoid pollution. What does he do for a living. Does he work in factory. He needs to have proper investigations for autoimmune disorders, gastro-oesophageal reflux. Does he have any gastric trouble, any painful joints, constipation, bone pain, back pain, urinary trouble. Usually treatment options are not specific in this disease, most Doctors treat with Steroids. Better to get a complete checkup for disorders which can cause this and treat the cause for relief from Pulmonologist.