Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for IPF after 60 ?

my uncle is suffering from IPF from last 2 months ....his age is 62 this time...can u plz suggest treatment for this my uncle is this time 62 yrs ...he is suffering from IPF...can u plz suggest wat z the treatment for this
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If you mean Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, firstly he needs to quit smoking if he is a smoker, avoid pollution. What does he do for a living. Does he work in factory. He needs to have proper investigations for autoimmune disorders, gastro-oesophageal reflux. Does he have any gastric trouble, any painful joints, constipation, bone pain, back pain, urinary trouble. Usually treatment options are not specific in this disease, most Doctors treat with Steroids. Better to get a complete checkup for disorders which can cause this and treat the cause for relief from Pulmonologist.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor