What treatment should I take to control acne ?

Ive had a problem with acne and now it has gotten to my chest area i am a female and it is uneasy to keep that are hidden, what can i possibly do?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Oct 2011
Hi..user welcome to HCM ..........
as per your complaint of the lesion ,which is on chest area ..,
it could be either Acne or steroid cream........(steriod acne)..
hence U do one thing ...
1) Removal of lesions by using RF cautery ..or
2) topically use 5% Benzol peroxide (persol 5.% )
3) orally take Doxicycline 100 mg daily after lunch for 10 days...
4) Frequent washing of Triclosan zinc oxide soap o.k bye...
best of luck..
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Acne is a common skin problem specially during teenage and is mainly due to hormonal changes in the body. There are many remedies of acne according to the type of acne. You need to consult your dermatologist for diagnosis of type- nodular, vesicular, etc and further treatment. Till then try to maintain a good hygiene and have plenty of fluids. Topical antibiotics and isotretinoin might help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal