What treatment should I take for the stabbing pain in the back which may be a result of shingles or after effect of scoliosis operation ?

Hi In 2004 i had a scoliosis operation where i had 2 metal rods put into my spine. I was fine till about 2 years ago where i discovered shingles which was cured, it had recently come back so the doctor i went to said but was internal and nothing can be done about it. For the past month now i have been experiencing such pain in the lower right side just above my hip. i am not sure if this is shingles or if it could do with my back operation i had but i cant bare the pain anymore and dont know what to do. it actually feels like someone is stabbing me in the back with a knife.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011