What treatment should I take for sleep disorders due to bug nightmares ?

I have these bug nightmares where I will dream about bugs (some of them dont even exist) and I will actually run in my sleep and then I am to afriad to go back to sleep. These dreams started when I was about 8 or 9 (I am 14 now) and they stopped for a while until last summer. I have these dreams about twice a week. Even when I am awake I dont even want to go outside because of the bugs. I am terrified of them. I have asked a nurse at my doctors office what to do and she said to see a psychiatrist . I havent done so because I sort of feel like I dont really need the help but at the same time I am concerned if something really is wrong with me. So should I go see a psychiatrist and is there anything that could help. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011