What treatment is best for UTI as my 3 year old daughter is having from 1 year ?

hi. my 3 year old daughter is having repeated UTI since last 1 year with 20-30 pus cells hpf, organisms +++ and 0-1 red blood cells hpf. she has taken almost all the antibiotics and even 30 injections of amikacin but still she is catching this disease again ang again after every three months with 104 degree temp. plz guide me what should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jul 2011
hi Aneeqa
welcome to HCM
read your prob, do not worry it is most common prob among baby gals.
if you give her medicine for 7 to 10 days, the causative bacteria are supperesed not killed, so after some time when effect of drug down they again grow n produse symptomes. this is the cause of recurrent UTI.
now treatment of recurrent UTI so should start medicine according to culture report for one n half month. in this duration you give her injectable medicine for 21 days then start oral antibiotics. this is d ideal treatment of recurrent UTI.
meanwhile you should get sonography, CT head for rule out any other focus of infection. give her plenty of liquid. she must feel better after it
write me about drugs which was taken n its duration, so that i can help you more.
Dr aseem 9982583020
dear DR.Aseem
thnkx a lot 4 giving me such a quick response
i dont remember the name of all the antibiotics but few oral syrups are: cefspan,
and injections are: 30 injections of amikacin, resiphen etc
i hav done with her reflux test also. NO reflux found
by birth she had a sinus at her lower back and i had done with MRI of that but therez no connection of that sinus was found with the bladder.
now days i m giving her uva ursi ticture also which is very effective and her organisms were three +++ are now NIL. so what should i do now?
thank u DR
Take Care