What treatment due you suggest for a lump behind the knee caused due to soccer injury ?

My husband is 24yrs old hasnt played soccer in about 4yrs and has recently joined a soccer team, he has a game on Saturday and got kicked a lil above his right knee towards the left side of his right knee, well a lil above the knee. And today, three days later noticed a lump behind his knee. I felt it and it feel like a ball. He says it doesn t hurt. He limps while walking and has iced his knee as well. I thought he had to go to the ER but he refused. Any advice!?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011