1.Family history of hair loss?
2. Multiple cross sectional studies have found androgenic alopecia
homologous to PCOS in female.
3. biopsy is/may be needed to exclude other causes of hair loss,whereas histology will/may demonstrate perifollicular fibrosis
4. is your testosterone
and DHT level checked?
5. treatment modalities can be from hair transplantation
to latest Low Level Laser Therapy
6. If your health care provider finds any hormonal imbalance then FDA approved Propecia finasteride is the drug/treatment of choice.
7. Take diet rich in Vit.C, sulphur,iron,zinc,Vitamin B complex and essential fatty acids,Avoid junk, processed foods, take well balanced green leafy vegetables,fruits,protein,salad.
8. Yogic Postures like Vajrasana and Pawanmuktaasan are helpful.
9. use a mild shampoo once in a week, but don't apply oil to your hairs or use tight caps/hats.