What treatment can help to get rid of eczema ?

i would to know how to get rid of eczema on my biniki area im am using clotrimazole from my doctor(gyn)
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Eczema is a sort of dermatitis or inflammation of skin and along with that it may have a bacterial or fungal infection.So your Gyn has given you clotrimazole which is a antifungal.If you do not get relief then consult a Dermatologist and you will have to take oral medicines like Fluconazole/Itraconazole which are potent antifungal along with the local application of clotrimazole on recommendation of a Dermatologist.
1. Avoid over-bathing
2. Apply moisturizer frequently, especially after bathing
3. Have a bath in warm, not hot, water and using a mild soap
4. Limit or avoid contact with known irritants like soaps, perfumes, detergents, jewelry, environmental irritants, etc.
5. Wear loose-fitting clothing (cotton clothing may be less irritating for many people than wool or synthetic fibers)

Treatment can include oral or topical corticosteroids, antihistamines, or immune-suppressing topical drugs like tacrolimus and pimecrolimus
While eczema is not preventable, self-care measures such as frequent hydration of skin and avoidance of extreme temperatures and known irritants can help manage symptoms and reduce the severity of outbreaks.