His, last night my dog (about 15 pounds, 2 year old male) grabbed and ate a small (thin, pointed at one end, about 1.5 inches long and from the leg of a chicken) bone that he did not choke on or show signs of distress. This morning, he had chills and trembled. I took him out and his stool was loose. He later went out after showing more trembling and urinated. About 1.5 hours later, he was trembling again and I took him out and he had a small, diarrhea stool. About an half hour later he vomited a 4 inch long, 1 inch diameter brownish mass. I m worried that he may have perforated his stomach or bowels or that the bone could be causing a blockage. Should I be worried? A friend told me that the stomach acids in a dog would likely have dissolved the bone and my dog could just be experiencing and upset stomach . His nose is wet and cold and he does not feel like he has a fever. Any thoughts or recommendations as as to treatment? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012